Lorne's Tech Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome Freeware Utility!

3 posters

Go down

Awesome Freeware Utility! Empty Awesome Freeware Utility!

Post by CPUMaster500 Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:22 am

Have you guys ever tried this? It's a program called Sysmetrix. It's a really cool little sidebar for your desktop. I know Vista and Windows 7 both have sidebars, but this one is 10 times better!! It's fully customizable and there are all kinds of neat little gadgets and themes that you can get for it.

Here's a quick little video I have on YouTube showing off some of its features.

And that video only covers a very short list of some of the things it has. There are lots more features. It displays the following info...

Date & Time
System Uptime
CPU, Memory, Disk Space, and Page File usage
Recycle Bin info (# of files, file size, etc.)
Network Stats
It has local weather information
It monitors E-mail for Outlook Express
It has controls for Windows Media Player (also displays the names of songs that are currently playing)
It monitors the battery level for laptops.
It can also monitor CPU temperature (but only if your motherboard supports that feature)

And if you right click it, there's a shortcut menu to empty the recycle bin, log off, shutdown, or restart Windows. AND MUCH MORE!! You guys should try this program, it's awesome. You'll love it!!

Here's a download link. Enjoy!
http://www.xymantix.com/sysmetrix/index.html Very Happy

**NOTE** This might not be compatible with Vista or Windows 7. You can give it a try, but good luck... Neutral

Last edited by CPUMaster500 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
CPUMaster500
CPUMaster500
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Awesome Freeware Utility! Empty Re: Awesome Freeware Utility!

Post by George Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am

How much ram will this take up and how will it affect startup (Dreads thinking about Windows Vista sidebar.)
George
George
VIP
VIP

http://thewindows7site.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CPUMaster500 Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:10 pm

George wrote:How much ram will this take up and how will it affect startup (Dreads thinking about Windows Vista sidebar.)
About 10MB. It's very low on system resources. Smile
It has options for both manual and automatic startup. You can disable autostart if you want to.

Last edited by CPUMaster500 on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
CPUMaster500
CPUMaster500
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:17 pm

I saw that video. Sysmetrix is awesome. I always had it with my Vista computer. My favorite feature was the uptime thing, the one that says how much time your computer has been on for. But now that I formatted the computer I don't have it anymore and I forgot about it. I'm going to get this again, hope it works with Windows 7!
Alessandro
Alessandro

https://www.youtube.com/TheComputerGuy96

Back to top Go down

Post by CPUMaster500 Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:26 pm

Alessandro wrote:I saw that video. Sysmetrix is awesome. I always had it with my Vista computer. My favorite feature was the uptime thing, the one that says how much time your computer has been on for. But now that I formatted the computer I don't have it anymore and I forgot about it. I'm going to get this again, hope it works with Windows 7!
It might not. This program was released way before Windows 7 and as far as I know there are no newer versions of it. But try it and see.
CPUMaster500
CPUMaster500
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down