Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Go down

Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by George on Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:58 am

Do anyone even use these.

I personally get very annoyed because on many websites i see people asking when software is available for Windows 2000. Like on the Google Chrome beta page someone asked when will it be available for Windows 2000.

I mean "Get up to Date" Windows 2000 is 9 years old! XP is fine as its 7 years old but still has support till 2014. But Windows 2000 support ended ages ago. They should just get a new OS. I mainly think it is because Windows 2000 is the last Windows OS without Product Activation.
avatar
George
VIP
VIP

Posts : 232
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 21
Location : UK

http://thewindows7site.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by Lorne on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:04 am

Actually you do need to activate Win2000.
avatar
Lorne
Admin
Admin

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-08-20
Location : Stirling, Scotland

http://lorner96.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by George on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 am

Oh. But does it still have that 30 days until it says that windows is not geniune.
avatar
George
VIP
VIP

Posts : 232
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 21
Location : UK

http://thewindows7site.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by MarioGPlayer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:31 am

Windows 2000 + Windows ME = Windows 2001 lol tongue
avatar
MarioGPlayer
VIP
VIP

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 22
Location : Italy

https://www.youtube.com/SecretAgent1988

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by MarioGPlayer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:01 am

PcBoyGeorge wrote:Do anyone even use these.

I personally get very annoyed because on many websites i see people asking when software is available for Windows 2000. Like on the Google Chrome beta page someone asked when will it be available for Windows 2000.

I mean "Get up to Date" Windows 2000 is 9 years old! XP is fine as its 7 years old but still has support till 2014. But Windows 2000 support ended ages ago. They should just get a new OS. I mainly think it is because Windows 2000 is the last Windows OS without Product Activation.

Windows 2000 is still supported DUH, till 2010 Surprised
avatar
MarioGPlayer
VIP
VIP

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 22
Location : Italy

https://www.youtube.com/SecretAgent1988

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by George on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:03 am

MarioGPlayer95. wrote:
PcBoyGeorge wrote:Do anyone even use these.

I personally get very annoyed because on many websites i see people asking when software is available for Windows 2000. Like on the Google Chrome beta page someone asked when will it be available for Windows 2000.

I mean "Get up to Date" Windows 2000 is 9 years old! XP is fine as its 7 years old but still has support till 2014. But Windows 2000 support ended ages ago. They should just get a new OS. I mainly think it is because Windows 2000 is the last Windows OS without Product Activation.

Windows 2000 is still supported DUH, till 2010 Surprised

Oh. But drivers are hardly being made. I know no latest software for it. Windows 2000 would be torture. Because you would have no up-2-date software.
avatar
George
VIP
VIP

Posts : 232
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 21
Location : UK

http://thewindows7site.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by borkgonsam on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:04 am

Windows 2000 was my favorite operating system of all time, but Windows ME was my LEAST favorite

borkgonsam

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 24
Location : Pittsburgh

https://www.youtube.com/borkgonsam

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by George on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:07 am

borkgonsam wrote:Windows 2000 was my favorite operating system of all time, but Windows ME was my LEAST favorite

What were the differences. Because they are both made in 2000. Both look the same. ETC
avatar
George
VIP
VIP

Posts : 232
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 21
Location : UK

http://thewindows7site.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by borkgonsam on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:09 am

PcBoyGeorge wrote:
borkgonsam wrote:Windows 2000 was my favorite operating system of all time, but Windows ME was my LEAST favorite

What were the differences. Because they are both made in 2000. Both look the same. ETC
Well Windows 2000 was based off NT technology, and Windows ME was still based off dos, but also was a sorta hybrid frankinstien. It crashed alot, people said ME stood for
Many Errors, though it actually stood for millennium edition

borkgonsam

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 24
Location : Pittsburgh

https://www.youtube.com/borkgonsam

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by MarioGPlayer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:11 am

btw I think theres a Small Business Server edition of 2000
avatar
MarioGPlayer
VIP
VIP

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 22
Location : Italy

https://www.youtube.com/SecretAgent1988

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by MarioGPlayer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:12 am

PcBoyGeorge wrote:
MarioGPlayer95. wrote:
PcBoyGeorge wrote:Do anyone even use these.

I personally get very annoyed because on many websites i see people asking when software is available for Windows 2000. Like on the Google Chrome beta page someone asked when will it be available for Windows 2000.

I mean "Get up to Date" Windows 2000 is 9 years old! XP is fine as its 7 years old but still has support till 2014. But Windows 2000 support ended ages ago. They should just get a new OS. I mainly think it is because Windows 2000 is the last Windows OS without Product Activation.

Windows 2000 is still supported DUH, till 2010 Surprised

Oh. But drivers are hardly being made. I know no latest software for it. Windows 2000 would be torture. Because you would have no up-2-date software.

ok, yea and the latest versions of recent software dont work in it like IE7 and WMP11
avatar
MarioGPlayer
VIP
VIP

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 22
Location : Italy

https://www.youtube.com/SecretAgent1988

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by Lorne on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:35 am

IE7 isn't the latest version.
avatar
Lorne
Admin
Admin

Posts : 267
Join date : 2009-08-20
Location : Stirling, Scotland

http://lorner96.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by MarioGPlayer on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:36 am

Lorne wrote:IE7 isn't the latest version.

I mean, the current ones
avatar
MarioGPlayer
VIP
VIP

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 22
Location : Italy

https://www.youtube.com/SecretAgent1988

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by tysonbb85 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Windows 2000 was gud at that time...but it would not be a very gud idea to use it now Rolling Eyes

I havent used win me No
avatar
tysonbb85
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 106
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 26

https://www.youtube.com/tysonbb85

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by MarioGPlayer on Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:14 am

damn it would be good if it had SP5 Rolling Eyes but it became SP4 Update Rollup 1 v2
avatar
MarioGPlayer
VIP
VIP

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 22
Location : Italy

https://www.youtube.com/SecretAgent1988

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by Tommeeeh on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:29 am

Windows 2000 for the FAIL! If anyone uses it on their PC as their main OS, they need to AT LEAST get XP!
avatar
Tommeeeh
Admin
Admin

Posts : 216
Join date : 2009-08-20
Location : Kendal, Cumbria

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by borkgonsam on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:47 am

Tommy wrote:Windows 2000 for the FAIL! If anyone uses it on their PC as their main OS, they need to AT LEAST get XP!
All Windows XP is, is 2000 with a big round GUI.

borkgonsam

Posts : 47
Join date : 2009-08-20
Age : 24
Location : Pittsburgh

https://www.youtube.com/borkgonsam

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by Darkspy946 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:32 pm

borkgonsam wrote:
Tommy wrote:Windows 2000 for the FAIL! If anyone uses it on their PC as their main OS, they need to AT LEAST get XP!
All Windows XP is, is 2000 with a big round GUI.

Then Windows XP Home is ME cause it's hated more. lol Very Happy
avatar
Darkspy946
Power User
Power User

Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-08-20

https://www.youtube.com/darkspy946

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows 2000 + Windows ME

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum